Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Ombre

wed-newchallenge-header

Hi all and welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Thank you for joining us for the Something New Challenge and we hope you will join in with our new theme!
We will be back soon with the name of the lucky winner of the $50 Voucher
This week the challenge is

OMBRE

The definition of ombre is the French word for color that is shaded or graduated in tone.
We are showcasing HERO ARTS PRODUCTS this week. You don't have to use them to join in with the challenge, but if you have them we would love to see them used!
As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away $50 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store
50dollar_voucher_600px



I decided to use an Hero Art Ombre Inkpad Pool to Navy with the idea to make a background. In the end I decided to use it on the Simon Says Stamp Ornaments stamp and die set since they were solid stamps, I did think to use my Leavy Vines but I used that yesterday.

I knew I wanted the background to be white but I also knew it would be quite plain so I used the Simon Says Stamp Falling Snow Stencil but using it has an embossing folder and running it through my big shot.

I'm finding punches hard going so I used the MFT Grassy Fields die upside down to make my icicles.

The silver twine I found in the wool department at a craft shop and is actually made for crocheting.

To finish I used the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Winter Snow dies but used just winter and originally I planned to stamp wishes and emboss in white but it ended up crooked so a quick little fishtail banner for wishes and to hide my mistake. Oh the wishes are from the Simon Say Stamp Its Your Birthday stamp set.

So now it's YOUR turn.  Happy Crafting
Instagram
Do you use Instagram ?  If so please add  #ssswchallenge 

There are fabulous Give Aways and inspiration from fabulous designers on a daily basis over on the Simon Says Stamp Blog , if you haven't subscribed by email you may want to so you don't miss out


Simon Says Stamp 

You have until Wed  8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in

24 comments:

Lin said...

What a gorgeous color combination, Debby! Love the font on that sentiment die, too!

Lin said...

What a gorgeous color combination, Debby! Love the font on that sentiment die, too!

Heather said...

A gorgeous Christmas card Debby, a stunning combinaltion of colours and a beautiful design!!

hugs
Heather xx

Melissa Bove said...

Beautiful card Debby! Love those ombre ornaments!! So pretty!

hugs...

Dotty Jo said...

Gorgeous! Jo x

Stamps and Paper said...

Gorgeous card Debby

Anne

Sammy said...

Oh that's gorgeous! LOVE it. x

Sarah said...

Ooh...REALLY like this one!! xx

Joke de Wit said...

Mooi Debby.Gr.Joke

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,love the design and fab details.xxx

cotnob said...

This is gorgeous Debby, a fabulous design.
Pauline
x

Lorraine said...

Absolutely gorgeous Debby, love it
Lorraine x

Jackie T said...

Hi Debby this is stunning. Hugs Jackie

Kat W said...

A fabulous design and the ombre baubles look gorgeous :-)
Big hugs, Kat xx

Stephanie said...

What a pretty winter card, Debby! I love those colors together :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Brawny x said...

Wow fabulous card Debby x

Greta said...

I've been debating about getting one of those ombre ink pads & you've raised it on my wishlist, Debby! Beautiful card!

Cheryl W. said...

Great color choice for a winter card. It looks frosty! :) Love all the little details - like using your stencil as an embossing plate. Cool idea!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Debby, I love those ombre baubles! they are so pretty! Great idea to use a grass die for the icicles too, very clever ;-)

luv
Lols x x x

Pat said...

This is gorgeous Debby and I love the falling snow background and the ombre baubles in that beautiful blue. That silver cord you found works wonderfully also the grass effect die makes great icicles, and the die cut and stamped sentiment finishes it beautifully. x

lifesabeach32940 said...

Your card is ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!! Thank you for the AWESOME INSPIRATION!!

KraftyKoolKat said...

Beautiful Debby.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Being Mrs Miles said...

Hello Debby,

Whoa, love the blue and silvery shimmery theme and your die cuts... all works together for such an elegant yet fun card! Beautiful.

blessings!

Anita in France said...

Lovely layers and beautiful ombrƩ blues, Debby ... one of my fave colour combo's! Anita :)