Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Peeking Penquin

wed-newchallenge-header
Hi all and welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Before moving on to the challenge we would like to thank you all for joining us in the challenges over the past year and we hope you will continue to do so throughout 2018!
Without YOU there would be no challenge so THANK YOU ALL. Happy New Year!! Woo hoo!
This week the challenge is

Anything Goes


We are showcasing Lawn Fawn  Products this week. You don’t have to use them to join in but if you have them we would love to see them used.
As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away $50 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store
50dollar_voucher_600px


This is what a Christmas holiday does to you, you completely forget what day of the week it is and suddenly you see your team-mates blog post on your FB feed to realise its Wednesday.

I may be late be here it is my card for the challenge, to be honest I made it a while ago, I hope I can remember what I used. First off I made my Lawn Fawn Shut the Front door using various scraps of card and inked the edges especially the door frame and step.

I placed my door on a bit of white card that I splattered with some ink with a paintbrush, once dry I then stamped the sentiment using the Simon Says Stamp Christmas Message Strips. It was at this point I decided it would be fun to use the Simon Says Stamp Picture Book Hugging Penguin peeking out of the door.

Then I was at loss what to do, I've been trying to stop making linear cards but I'm not sure my doodled frame was really the way to go. Basically I drew two wiggly lines making sure they overlapped and made a thin border. Then I just got a decent black pen to make the lines for the stripes and colour every other one. Then I cut it out and stuck it on a bit of red card.



Do you use Instagram ?  If so please add  #ssswchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too.

16 comments:

Chrissy said...

Adorable card Debby and I love your coloured in squiggly lines around the image..super cute.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Tracy Freeman said...

So cute Debby. Love how you have used the penguin x

Lorraine A said...

super cute card Debby :-) the little peeking penguins is adorable, very clever card :-) ❤️

hope you had a lovely Christmas and best wishes for a fabulous New Year :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Sarah said...

Such a cute penguin Debby and I think your doodles border is fantastic. Hope you had a lovely Christmas xx

Stephanie said...

Hehehe! I love the penguin peeking from behind the door. You placed everything so perfectly, Debby, and the red door really pops!!

Happy New Year!
*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Michelle Lupton said...

This is so cute! Love the red door :)
Thanks so much for having me as your guest for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge this month :D

Pat said...

What a fabulous card Debby and I love that doodled border and such a cute penguin peering round that beautiful bright red door. I hope you had a great Christmas and look forward to seeing your wonderful work throughout 2018. x

Cheryl W. said...

I think your black and white striped doodled border is really effective. I love how it draws attention to your image.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

FABULOUS, love the peeking penguin.
Faith
x

Martie Rollin said...

Your clever pen and ink lines did the trick for me! I really like this little line that so adds to the finished look of this fun card! I'm going to have to give this a try! Happy New Year!

Fikreta said...

this is so cute card!
love it!
hugs

Crafting Queen said...

Adorable card. Happy New Year.

Lin said...

How cute is this! Love the black and white stripes all around the border, Debby! Happy New Year to you and yours!

Brawny x said...

Very cute Debby x

Shuly said...

SUPER SUPER CUTE !!!

Dawn Darlene said...

What a sweet little guy! What a great idea having him peek out!